- TAKE ACTION. If you are capable, take action. Enlist the help of friends and family to lend support.
- DON’T GO IT ALONE. Moving is difficult but you don’t have to do it alone. Find those that can give you tools, assistance, motivation, encouragement and information to help with the transition.
- WHERE DO I START? Start with a plan and a time table. Then you stick to it and re-adjust as you go.
- WHAT DO I TAKE? Remember that you are moving to a smaller home. Take only those things that give you a great deal of pleasure.
- BEST OF SHOW. Just keep and display one item from a collection to represent the whole collection.
- AVOID FAMILY SQUABBLES. Little sticky notes are a great way to mark what you want for a particular person or for your child to indicate his or her preferences.
- SAY NO TO STORAGE. As tempting as it may be, the things you put in a mini storage unit frequently aren’t worth the monthly fee you will pay for keeping them.