If you are toying with the idea of making a change, you can start today. You can think, sort, and talk about it.
Take time to do some serious research.
Start by following through on these tips:
- Start talking to your friends who have already made a move.
- Do they like where they are?
- What do they like best, least?
- Would they move there again if they could do it over?
- Are they the types of people who won’t be happy anywhere?
- Weigh the opinions you get from others, but also weigh the information you get from the admissions/rental people.
- Start watching for ads in the newspaper or check the phone book for places that have the services you need/want.
- Schedule a visit and find out as much about them as possible.
- Eat a meal in the dining room.
- Start checking out the various living arrangements.
- Does the place you want have vacancies or must you put your name on a waiting list? This will give some idea how long you have to get things in order for a move.
- Do you have to put a deposit down to hold the space you want? Is it refundable?
It might take three to four months to sort things out and get ready for a move. With help you might be able to do it faster, but you want to start as soon as possible—even if you have a move date established.